SG Foodie Adventure: Simei FoodFare


My first breakfast in Singapore was in Simei FoodFare. My friends says that it is considered a hawker as it contains different stalls with differed dishes to try. It is also cheap to eat there. The price ranges was from SGD 1-6.99 depending on the food and drink that you will eat.

Hawkers in the Philippines are called "Carinderia" or Canteen or Food Court. However, my local friends there says that it is more of a Carinderia but much cleaner and safer to eat. But in my eyes, its like a food court without air-con. Upon entering you will be greeted by chairs and food stalls surrounding the place.



With the variety of food choices me and my tourist friend had a hard time picking what to eat as the dishes names are new in our eyes.Since my friends has been already in SG, they no longer had a hard time in ordering some food to eat.

My friend is always camera ready and waiting for her breakfast
So the final dish that I bought was a fried chicken leg with steamed botchoy and a sweet and sour pork which is both familiar with me. 


This I think cost around SGD 4.99. The 2 dishes and rice just actually cost SGD 3.99 but when you get either fried chicken or fried porkchop there is additional SGD 1.00. I am actually salivating for a fried porkchop but the guy on the counter have misunderstood me. 

Yep, the dishes that I ordered was familiar with me but they do cook the dishes in a different style. I love the fact that the chicken isn't oily considering that it is fried and also it is not salty just lightly seasoned with it. It also has a slight soy taste so I guess they use soy sauce as marinate with powdered pepper. Then the sweet and sour pork was also not too sweet to the taste unlike here in the Philippines that the sweetness always came from pineapple juices that they add in this dish! It also has a slight spicy taste which I guess is the local cooking habit as Singapore like their chili!

My friend with her chosen dish
Our Tablescapes
My friend enjoying his fried eggs and veggies
After filling our stomach with food. We headed out the door and start our Singapore Agenda! 


Our First Stop was Orchard Road and a bite of Laduree Macarons!!!!!

See you in the next post!

Bon Appetit,

Comments