First Taste: Carabao Meat Tapa

My grandmother always talked about Carabao's meat that taste like beef and yet I am baffled of what does this really taste like. For me, Carabao's meat is considered exotic as I don't usually eat it but I do love to eat great tasting beef. So when my officemate told me that her mom bought a Carabao's meat tapa from Pampanga and would bring some for breakfast, I immediately said that I would taste it! Of course I would not let that chance pass by as I have ready want to taste this for years now. Yep! For YEARS!!!! hahaha

I did not know what to expect with the look and texture of the food so when I saw it the next day. The first impression was just its like the typical meat.


It seems like a tocino to me though the taste was sour and tastes like beer which I think because of the vinegar where it was marinated. As all tapas are in the Philippines, its salty too and sweet as my officemate put a pinch of sugar while cooking it to dissolve the sour taste of the meat. As for the texture and taste of it, I would describe it as a cross between pork and beef meat. The texture of the meat was just like the lean pork's meat that is somewhat rubbery and tough to chew but taste was beefy but not as easy to bite into. 
 
However, since I forgot that my officemate would bring carabao's meat, I have already bought my breakfast. So my breakfast consist of fried egg (which is one of my comfort food), ham and longganisa with fried rice. Pair it up with my great taste 3 in 1 coffee, I have the perfect power breakfast for the day.

My Plate
 


My Beautiful Breakfastmate!!! She is a very yummy cook too!!!

Bon appetit,

 

Comments