SG Foodie Adventure: Manhattan Experience


As I have said in my previous blog, our first meal was in a McDonald's chain in Changi Airport. The reason behind this is we are meeting with our friend who works and lived in Singapore. She is kind enough to let us sleep in their apartment for a couple of days before we meet our other companion and check-in our hotel.

When we already meet them, they tour us first around the city and then we headed to a restaurant called Manhattan. They choose this restaurant because it does not yet have a branch in the Philippines and they want us to try their seafood dishes where this restaurant is known for.









We ordered the Fried Giant Platter which is good for 4 persons. Since me and my friend have allergies with seafoods we opted to choose this as it has cream dory fillet that we could eat while having a small bite with the squid, shrimp and scallops. Its SGD 42.95. 











After ordering our meal, we then order for our drinks. Since I just drank soda upon my arrival, an Iced Lemon Tea was in place for me to wash down all the oiliness of the fried dinner that we will eat.











While waiting for our orders, we took the time to have our photos taken.


Me with the Menu
My friend Ryze and Me

Our friends/hosts for a couple of days, Jhe and Chad
Our Tablescape





I like the idea of putting the utensils in a small tin pale/bucket. It seems like you are on a cruise ship or in a cabin where seafarers gets to eat and meet.






Plate details

Jhe posing with the plate
My Tablescape with the arrival of my Iced Lemon Tea
Detailed shot of my Iced Lemon Tea. Yep! Its so cold!!!!
Jhe's Tablescapes. She was in front of me
Then the arrival of our order.

Fried Giant Platter


Fried Giant Platter Detail Shot
I would say that the platter is yummy. You can say that it is really fresh and I like that they serve it with lemon and some brocolli flowerets. The size is big enough for four people. I would indulge in this kind of food should this restaurant open here in the Philippines. I did enjoy it but I did not indulge as I was afraid that I might get an asthma attack while on trip which is a no-no for me as we have so many agenda.

The meal was perfect for the night as it was light and flavourful even if it is fried. Also, I like that it is not oily.
Our not so leftover as Chad finishes everything! Lucky seafood is his fave!

My Plate!

Our dessert

After eating, we tour around the mall which I forgot the name then headed to our home for a couple of days.

Our abode in SG


Bon appetit,




Comments