Amber's Afternoon Delight!

Remember my last post regarding being full? Well that same day, someone invited us in an afternoon merienda! Well, as they say when it rains, it pours! So the blessing of food that day kept pouring in and who am I to refuse such a glorious offer!

Well the snack offered that day was from Amber's Restaurant and some Kakanin from Antipolo. Since I am already full and just needs some light snack before I go home, I just get a small amount of everything and didn't get any sodas to cut down some sugar in take that day! (I guess I'm already overloaded with it due to the hotcake syrup, so no thank you for additional sugar rush!)

Here is what I got. One spoon of Amber's Palabok, One Scoop of Amber's Spaghetti, 2 pcs Amber's Spring Rolls, a tiny slice of bibingka kakainin and 2 pcs of Suman sa Ibos (this is for my grandparents who love this type of Kakanin)


I first ate the Amber's Palabok.



I love how the palabok sauce envelopes the palabok noodles. The sauce was thick and flavorful. Its a well blended mix of spices and you would want to eat more. A good appetizer for me this day. Up next was the Spring Rolls.


This one is really my favorite chinese fried dish. Whenever, this dish is serve I always get around two-four pieces of this dish. With this version of Amber, I love the fact that they used more vegetable in it than pork. Upon biting into its goodness, I already taste the fusion of pork with singkamas and carrots shreds. I love the crunchy texture of it even if its already dip in its sauce. The sweet and sour sauce suites the taste of its spring roll. Not too sweet and not too sour.



The third that I ate was their spaghetti. Well, their version was the typical filipino sweet style spaghetti but not as sweet as the Jollibee Spaghetti but for my taste I find it ok. Also, I like its consistency that its thick and not too saucy. I always want to taste my spaghetti noodles bland before mixing it with the sauce.


Then as for the dessert, I ate the bibingka kakanin. Im not a fan of kakain/rice cake but I like this kakanin because its not too sweet and the coconut toppings wasn't overpowering to the taste. So this one is also ok for me but the fact that you can taste the coconut milk from the rice cake means that it is very well made.


Oh well... those glorious days... I hope I can have another wonderful merienda next week!

Bon appetit,




Comments