40th Day

Today was the 40th day that my officemate/friend's father died. Here in the Philippines, it is a tradition that a celebration will be held when the 40th day of the dead arrives. Since this is the 40th day, she have ask the whole staff to join in and have lunch in their place. We pack our bags and went into their place granted that its 12noon just in time for our lunch break!

Here we are gooffing around before going to their place!








Her house was just a 5 minute drive from our office so the travel time was a breeze. Didn't consume much of our lunch break time. So here we are!

 
Its a buffet type of lunch where you will get the food from a table and get whatever you fancy then you go to a table to eat what you get. My seatmate for the day was Mama V. Here is what she got!


Then as for my own plate I also got a lot because I dont want to go back so I put as much as I can. My plate consist of Shanghai rolls, Coleslaw (this is the bomb! I did get a second serving of this!), Chicken Pastel, Fish Fillet, Menudo and Pancit Bihon! Everything was home-made by my friend's mom and aunt! Everything was delicious and so yummy!!! I would have got my second serving if not for my tummy already aching from fullness!!!! ARGH!!! The four season juice was a revelation as it got celery tidbits that taste like suha (pomelo said by Vince), well as for me its a fusion between red apple bits and pineapple. But it really taste good! I learned something new today to do for a healthy juice!

 


 Well, all good things come to an end so here with me my officemate/friend who invited us. Since its time to go back to the office, we need to have some photo for souvenir of the events.
 
 

Me with my take home banana I can no longer eat this! Its actually for my dessert! ^_^

 

 
 

 
 O well time to go back to the office and Work it! We made it just in time!!!!!

Back to the office



    Bon appetit!

Comments